The Desktop Support Technician II role serves as the primary first line of desktop support for the company. This position provides technical assistance with desktop computers, desktop software and related technology both on-site and via telephone support.
Primary Responsibilities * Provide resolution to all desktop support requests to Corporate and offsite employees in accordance to the client¹s Service Level Agreement * Configure, troubleshoot, isolate, repair, and resolve all customer desktop issues including desktop/laptop hardware and software, mobile devices, printer/scanners/copiers, audio visual equipment, hardware peripherals and other desktop related equipment * Troubleshoot and repair desktop computers to ensure they interconnect seamlessly with multiple systems including network drives and all business productivity applications * Consistently meet Service Level Agreements * Communicate directly with customers via phone, e-mail and remote diagnostics to identify, reproduce and resolve customer reported issues * Work independently to troubleshoot all support requests and follow escalation policies * Responsible for computer hardware images and maintaining inventory for computers ready to deploy * Establish a professional appearance and maintain a positive relationship with employees and clients * Participate in testing, documentation and implementation of assigned projects * Responsible for tracking hardware inventory per division policies * Prepare and conduct client training as requested * Additional duties as assigned GENERAL OPERATIONAL GUIDELINES * Proactively continue to expand professional development and industry knowledge * Develop, maintain, and provide an advanced level of product and business knowledge * Foster professional and team-oriented relationships with colleagues * Follow all internal and client specific policies and procedures * Ensures confidentiality and reliability of corporate data, proprietary information, and intellectual property
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
• Minimum of 2 years technical support experience in a corporate support environment
• Advanced knowledge of Windows NT/2000/XP/7/10 required
• Advanced knowledge of desktop hardware and common desktop software required
• Advanced knowledge of LAN connectivity required
• Hands on working knowledge of Active Directory, Objects and GPOs
• MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) & A + Certification highly preferred
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), troubleshooting and analytical skills required
• Customer service focus is a must with the ability to deliver white glove service to C-Level and Execs
• Demonstrated patience and overall courteous behavior when working with internal and external customers
• Demonstrated ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and goal oriented
• Requires lifting, bending, stooping and moving various computer equipment up to 50 lbs
• Position may require work on hands and knees to deploy computer equipment and make repairs
• Availability to work in excess of forty hours per week including nights and weekends when projects demand and be on time and punctual and ready for your shift
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Desktop Support Technician position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.