Do you have a knack for problem solving and are the go-to in your friends and family for fixing/repairing issues? Then this might be the job you've been looking for!
We are a Portland based company looking for an enthusiastic, entry level technical support representative to join our team. The right candidate will provide exemplary customer service and technical support to our end users at our various sites and offices. You will identify and resolve hardware and software operating problems, configure, install, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair computer equipment, telecommunications systems, software and peripheral equipment, and also update and maintain a variety of records related to work orders, technology parts inventory, software licenses and third party vendor repairs.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair a variety of technologies, computer hardware, software, networks and peripheral equipment
- Assure user needs are met and technical support issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Deliver service and support to end-users via telephone, remote connection, in-person or over the internet
- Gather customer information and determine issues by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms
- Attempt to diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues through initial Service Desk contact, determine if additional information is required, prepare service request tickets for Tech Support field service
- Process and record call transactions using designated tracking software.
- Identify and redirect problems to appropriate resources
- Escalate priority issues per office protocols
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to end-users and communicate with vendors as necessary
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technologies, hardware, software, telecommunications, innovations and trends, through formal training, printed and on-line professional journals and publications, contact with other technology support professionals, and self-initiated study
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Update and load approved software such as operating systems, instructional and office automation applications to user computers and related technologies
- Assist and provide technical support for users during technology deployments, system upgrades, enhancements or other technical projects.
- Collaborate with and support colleagues in learning and sharing information and experiences regarding issues, problems and concerns, updating and repairing of District technologies, hardware, software and peripheral equipment
- Participate in and/or develop trainings, user guides and other technical documentation
- Train colleagues and designated staff to enhance the knowledge base of those involved in the use, repair and replacement of District technologies
- Participate in evaluating a wide variety of technologies, computers, software and peripheral equipment for use in the District
- Provide recommendations concerning the purchase of new computer systems, software and equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- 5+ years experience working in helpdesk or call center environement
- Minimum education: Associates degree preferred, or equivalent in work experience
- Need experience working in BOTH Mac and PC environments
- Basic customer service skills both in person and over the phone
- Good at critical thinking and general problem solving
- Able to read and write clearly
- Must have own car and valid driver's license
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org