General Position SummaryThe Network Administrator position is a non-exempt position and reports to the Director of IT. The primary duties of the Network Administrator are maintaining the IT environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, and monitoring network performance.
Essential Functions/Major ResponsibilitiesThe list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed.
General Position Summary
The Network Administrator position is a non-exempt position and reports to the Director of IT. The primary duties of the Network Administrator are maintaining the IT environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, and monitoring network performance.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed.
• Network Configuration: Responsible for establishing network specification by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols. Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; enforcing network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Network Maintenance: Responsible for maintaining network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, backups, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor. Upgrades network by conferring with management and vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Network Security: Responsible for ensuring the network is secure by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• System Hardware Support: Responsible for installing and supporting hardware and software for employees. Keep current regarding new hardware and software products for system enhancements.
• Technical/Help Desk Support: Responsible for providing technical support and guidance to staff and others, as needed. Responding to incoming calls and requests for action or information, ensuring that requests are addressed in a timely manner.
• Regulatory and Compliance: Proactively monitors and assures the information technology environment operates in compliance with applicable state, federal and HIPAA requirements.
• Policies & Procedures: Assist in developing and revising Policies and Procedures relating to operating structure, information flow and desk procedures needed by staff within department. Ensure procedures are updated as needed.
• Corporate Representation: Positively represent us in interactions with co-workers, Board of Directors, external executives, consultants and in the marketplace.
? Attend All Staff meetings.
? Attend IT department meetings
? Other functions and duties assigned as needed.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
? Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel and management in an environment with multiple work demands, including external contacts.
? Must be able to examine complex information and/or situations, evaluate the potential impact, identify options and make recommendations.
? Excellent project management and organizational skills requiring minimal supervision and attention to detail.
? Must effectively promote a positive image of the Company to employees, customers and the general public.
? Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
? Must be able to work in a team environment and produce results in conjunction with fellow team members.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
? Proficient in MS Server and VMM, SCCM and VEEAM.
? 2 years+ of network administration experience required.
? Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Network Administrator position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.