Data Architect - Folsom
The Senior Data Architect (SDA) is responsible for the movement, enhancement, integration, quality, and availability of data throughout the enterprise. The SDA will provide expertise around enterprise data, data warehousing including business intelligence, master data management, data governance, data strategy, innovation, and efficiency. The SDA will be a key contributor to the development and execution of a strategic roadmap associated with the enterprise data landscape and data environments. The SDA must have the ability to balance short-term versus long-term actions and strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward toward the strategic vision.
The SDA will lead the development of standards for naming conventions, governing, managing, modeling, storing, cleansing, transforming, mapping, searching, and delivering all data across the enterprise.
This position will collaborate with Finance, IT Management, Senior IT Architects and strategic and operational business partners to drive technology selection and process decisions for enterprise data management.
* Lead design, development and delivery of the data architecture for complex software solutions across the development life cycle, using database and systems expertise.
* Work with staff and customers to understand the business requirements and business processes, design data warehouse ("DW') schema, and develop extract-translate-load ("ETL') processes for DW.
* Develop effective data architecture solutions that not only satisfy immediate project requirements but also deliver a coherent, reliable, and phased architecture to help the platform grow and change while aligning to our strategic vision.
* Responsible for establishing and defining technical standards and guidelines around data architecture including the documentation of data sources and data movement throughout the enterprise. The SDA will be part of the Technology Review Board for the Credit Union.
* Responsible for administration of a Data Dictionary tool to ensure standardization of data elements and provide details about their meanings, relationships and allowable values.
* Work with management and business leadership to discover, facilitate discussion, and introduce new ideas, technologies, data usage, etc. to the business, resulting in new product ideas and influencing software development activities.
* Provide expertise in establishing analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
* Work with leadership to implement data cubes leveraging various data sources throughout the enterprise.
* Establish standards for enterprise data architecture and data management for new and current data sources and data analytics systems.
* Other duties as assigned
* Advanced experience with SQL within the Microsoft Data Stack (Power BI, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
* Expert knowledge of SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Master Data Services
* Extensive expertise in Oracle database also experience with Mongo DB preferred
* Proven experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience collecting business requirements from customers, and transforming the requirements into data processes and data schemas.
* Experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models; handling "slow-changing' dimensions/attributes a plus.
* Experience in and an understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, information security, etc.)
Bachelors degree (B.S.) or higher and 10+ years of related work experience.
Extensive experience in database design, data modeling, data warehousing, data lakes, ETL and data cubes.
Hands-on database programming experience.
Working experience with project management, ITIL, and Agile methodologies.
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Senior Data Architect position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.