My client has an urgent need for a Oracle DBA who has some exposure to Development. Client is willing to pay up to $115K + 10% discretionary bonus.
Very minimum 3years of experience, but ideally looking for closer to 5 years.
Bachelor Degree highly preferred - if they don't have one, they need 5 years of exp.
Oracle Certs: BIG PLUS
Day to day:
Monitor and maintain Oracle database, Check email for errors, running scripts to monitor issues, research all database problems.
Set up Oracle Enterprise Manager Suite.
They do need exposure to MySQL and MSSQL - (NICE TO HAVE)
OFFICAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
· Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.
· Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
· Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
· Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
· Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
· Responsible for providing metrics, trend analysis, and recommendations to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management..
· Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
· Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
· Troubleshoots problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
· Analyzes and reports the performance of database operations against the key database performance metrics
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent 5+ years of professional experience
· 5+ years Oracle experience. Certification preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
· Experience with MySQL and MSSQL
· Basic understanding of database backup procedures
· Familiarity with reporting tools
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
· Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
· Strong problem solving, organization and project management skills, with a willingness and desire to take responsibility, accountability and ownership
· Ability to work outside of normal working hours to complete tasks, including occasional weekends/evenings
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Oracle DBA 10,11 and 12c
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Oracle DBA position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.