Ledgent Technology has an immediate opening for a Desktop Support Engineer! This position is highly visible and will require strong customer service skills and experience supporting Executive teams.
Desktop Support Job Duties:
- Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior leadership
- Migrating servers from Windows XP to Windows 7 or higher platform
- Maintain client databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients
- Use call logging system to accurately record telephone requests
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face, Telephone or Electronic Interaction with Clients, Good Language and Communications Skills, Problem-Solving, Relevant Certifications such as Microsoft/Comptia and Cisco, Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting, Knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OSX, Windows Server products and/or Apple Operating Systems, Ability to Work in a Team, Ability to Prioritize Projects
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org