Job Tile: Project Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: 6+ months with potential to conversion
Our client is seeking for a Project Manager with the below background and responsibilities:
- Work with a large multi-discipline team developing a market leading medical device to support a project using scrum.
- Work with teams at two sites to maintain an accurate and up to date product backlog.
- Become an expert in the tools used by the team, and report out metrics and KPIs derived from the backlog.
- Help the teams with self-service reporting tools to monitor their own progress, and provide them the support they need to run productive scrum, and to deliver the project on time.
Responsibilities of this position include:
* Support backlog owners in creating backlog items, setting attributes, and prioritization
* Audit backlogs and drive consistency across teams
* Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see and understand their progress during sprints and epics.
* Create and maintain reporting tools - e.g. burndowns, dashboards
* Champion the agile process to development teams.
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical field.
* 3 years of experience in Scrum / Agile
* Expertise in a Scrum tool. Experience with Microsoft TFS backlog management a plus.
* Excellent written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a broad set of constituencies, both technical and non-technical.
* Experience working for medical device company a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.