* Develop, maintain and follow internal programming standards.
* The ability to independently develop SQL Server, VB, .Net and Web based programs interfacing to various systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Will design, code, test, debug and document programs.
* Provide ongoing technical support to the plant in the areas of SQL Server/Database Design/Implementation, and hardware and software Systems integration. Ability to provide support in trouble shooting Process Control, Software development and Infrastructure systems.
* Provide daily support of plant systems/process control equipment and software. Expected to be available to be on-call to the plant to resolve emergency situations.
* Provide training for new systems and on current systems on an as needed basis. Training will consist of documentation, hands-on demonstration and classroom instruction.
* May run small projects and have the responsibility of Project Team Lead.
* Responsible for protecting all proprietary information and property against loss of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to, confidential reports and memos, process and product knowledge, equipment and research methodology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Business. Relevant experience in excess of 5 years may be substituted.
• 5+ years experience.
• Strong knowledge vb.net and TSQL.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Strong problem solving skills.
• Experience in website development and deployment and web servers: IIS.
• Experienced in database development and deployment; MS SQL Server.
• Knowledge in C, C++, C#, Java, VB6, .net and Java helpful.
• Knowledge of OSI PI software helpful.
• Knowledge on Manufacturing control systems a plus.
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Software Developer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.