Our client is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to join their expanding IT team! They are a local healthcare provider looking for a dedicated, experienced and eager Desktop Support Specialist.
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity, with fantastic benefits upon hire. Local candidates only please, there is no relocation assistance for this role.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Work with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, computer conferencing systems, and administrative systems. Train and orient staff on use of hardware and software.
- Perform upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software. Assess functional needs to determine specifications for purchases. Order computer supplies.
- Assist in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable. Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- 1 year experience working as a Desktop Support Specialist with Windows 7 and desktop virtualization.
- MCSE, N+, A+, or similar certification preferred.
- Previous experience working in the health care industry, specifically HMO, is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
High School Diploma, equivalent or higher.
1 year experience working as a Desktop Support Specialist with Windows 7 and desktop virtualization.
MCSE, N+, A+, or similar certification preferred.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org