Title: Embedded Software Engineer (2739)
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: 12+ month contract
- Design and implement object-oriented embedded software in C++ deployed on VxWorks RTOS.
- Integrate the control software with electrical and mechanical hardware and application software to achieve coordinated sensing and control - you'll be controlling devices that affect patients' lives.
- Active participation in design and code reviews, unit testing, software debugging, system troubleshooting and overall resolution to ensure the quality of software implementation and the safety, performance and reliability of integrated software and hardware
- Design and implement test automation software where applicable.
- Deliver technical documentation including requirements, design descriptions, test methods, and test reports.
- Work in a fast paced environment focused on creating safe, reliable platform, components, and products while meeting schedule commitments.
- 7 years relevant professional experience in developing object-oriented software.
* Highly proficient in C++ programming.
- Experience in writing software for control systems (device/motion/machine controls) and state machine based implementation.
* Experience with at least one real-time operating system such as VxWorks, QNX, etc.
* Ability to investigate and solve problems independently.
* Good written and verbal communications skills
* Bachelor's degree or above in computer science or engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
* Experience with software-hardware integration of x-ray or electromechanical systems is a plus.
* Experience with scrum methodology is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.