Our client is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join thier gorwing team. This position is a contract to hire opportunity in the Sacramento area. Local candidates preferred for this opportunity, no relocation assistance.
The Systems Administrator plays a vital role in assuring computer systems function as expected, are maintained on a regular schedule, are backed up for disaster recovery, and are protected from internal and external threats.
- This position is responsible for many core systems including e-mail, antivirus, patch management, and desktop software management.
- Responsibility to track assets as they move in and out of service, document implementation and security procedures, and complete all trouble tickets associated with these core systems.
- Troubleshoot IS systems when there is an issue reported by computer users and perform regular checks to make sure all systems are working fine and up to date.
- Create, operate, modify, and deactivate username and passwords for all employees in Active Directory.
- Preform data backups and administration periodically installing and maintaining software updates.
- Create and maintain virtual servers per business requirements.
- Maintain and administer SAN technologies, enterprise anti-virus, patch management, security mitigation software suites, and enterprise email technologies.
- Participate and advise on disaster recovery and business continuity planning and backup energy systems.
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Information Science, Management Information Systems, or a similar discipline.
- 4 years' experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role solving hardware and software problems.
- Certified VM Ware, VCP, MCSE highly desired.
- Knowledge of anti-virus and anti-hacking using firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Previous experience working in the health care industry, specifically HMO, is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Science, Management Information Systems, or a similar discipline.
4 years experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role solving hardware and software problems.
Posted By: email@example.com