Job Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Our client is in need of an experienced Desktop Support Specialist who can provide design, installation, maintenance and support service for the entire enterprise network. A successful candidate will work with their network management team to discuss the need for network changes and the feasibility of projects recommended by network users.
The Desktop Support Specialist will also be required to monitor technology trends and makes recommendations on incorporating new technology into the company's existing platforms. If you have previous experience in an IT position, please apply today!
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and future planning needs of the company's desktop environment
- Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate the new technology that is available and make recommendations to management on using that technology
- Consult with IT support and design departments to make sure that network expansion projects are in line with the company's plans
- Monitor the performance of the company's desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues
- Assist in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, computer conferencing systems, and administrative systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or similar field is a plus
- 3+ years of experience working as a Desktop Support Specialist with Windows 7 and desktop virtualization.
- MCSE, N+, A+, or similar certification preferred.
- Proficient computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.