A well-known company is hiring an Automation Engineer to develop scripts and recipes to automate O/S builds and COTS configurations in complex server environments. These environments support product development, testing and maintenance.
?Occasional travel required (less than 20%)
??Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years relevant Infrastructure/IT expereince related to system installation and configuration
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with automation tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric)
- Systems integration experience
- Ability to troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues
- Experience with Windows or Linux System Administration
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash)
- Solid background in COTS product Installation
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and oral
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and demonstrated implementation
- Understanding of DevOps concepts
- Experience with VMware vCenter, ESXi, vSphere
- Understanding of Change Management processes - Version Control of software and applications using ClearCase and familiarity with DRs, CRs, and IRs written with ClearQuest (or Remedy, etc.)
- Effectively plan their own and other team members' work
- Experience with Tripwire or LogRhythm
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Automation Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.