Manufacturing Associate - Hand Filer
Due to continued growth, Ultimate Staffing is recruiting for one of Oregon's top manufacturing companies located in Hillsboro.
Compensation: $14.00 / $15.40 Hourly
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Openings: Hand Filer
Schedule: Swing Shift - Must be able to train on day shift
Operate automated and manual grinding equipment on prescribed materials to remove remaining silicon and create smooth surface finish, according to specific procedures.
* Performs cleaning and maintenance on tooling and air grinders as needed.
* Cleans boats and visually inspect for any imperfections such as pores, pits, and green spots, on all machined surfaces.
* Reviews and understands drawings for customer requirements. Requires ability to read blueprints, understand some GD&T.
* Plasters boats; removes boats from fixturing and cleaning.
* Assists machine operators with machine maintenance and cleaning.
* Adheres to functional procedures in a consistent manner.
* Identifies improvements to the procedures.
* Initiates the revision process when changes need to be made.
* Always wears gloves when handling products.
* Always wears safety glasses while hand filing or grinding boat-teeth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Some noise, dust and coolant spray when machines in use.
* Employee will work in a clean manufacturing environment related to formed, assembled and machined silicon carbide products facility. Company is committed to a successful and highly motivated workforce.
* Requires protective safety apparel when on the manufacturing floor.
* Willing and able to work overtime as necessary to meet deadlines and complete special projects.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines for completion of projects.
High School Diploma or GED; basic ability to read, write, and comprehend detailed instructions.
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Manufacturing Associate / Hand Filer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.