- Handle day-to-day tasks such as server image configurations, patching, application deployment, user account management, and other routine maintenance
- Author and maintain tools that reliably manage infrastructure, specifically in the areas of:
- Environment build out, maintenance and audit.
- Application build and deployment.
- Continuous integration/automated test execution.
- System and network monitoring.
- Configuration management.
- Troubleshoot and solve technology problems in production and development environments.
- Participate in architecture enhancement and scalability projects.
- Learn to speak for the system in discussions involving application development.
- Provide support when emergencies arise.
- Work with IIS daily to support customers and ensure maximum uptime.
- Day-to-day Splunk operations and develop dashboards, searches and reporting as needed.
Success Defined for Jr. DevOps Engineer:
- Work with basic applications and their ports: MSSQL, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, DNS, RDP, TCP, ICMP, and UDP.
- Work with permissions in Microsoft Web Servers and Web based applications.
- Create and maintain scripts for infrastructure deployment.
- Work with Development Team to ensure proper implementation of products.
- Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks, and deliver quality results on time.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
• 3+ years of total experience out of which 2+ years relevant experience in Windows/Linux system engineering/administration.
• 2+ years of experience supporting production web infrastructure.
• Expertise in automation using languages, such as shell, Python, PHP, or Ruby.
• Experience with systems and IT operations.
• Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
• SQL and Data management skills.
• Working knowledge of internet protocols and complete understanding end to end of how the Internet works.
• Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates.
• Proven analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A bachelor’s degree (CS, EE or Math preferred) or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc…) is a plus.
• Experience using automation tools like Chef, Ansible or Puppet to build CI/CD solutions.
• Experience in Powershell scripting is a plus.
Posted By: email@example.com