A growing health software company in Rockville seeks a DevOps engineer to join their Development Team. This role will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, so having a team-player mindset is key.
?Overall responsibilities include:
- Handle day-to-day tasks such as server image configurations, patching, application deployment, user account management, and other routine maintenance
- Author and maintain tools that reliably manage infrastructure, specifically in the areas of:
- Environment build out, maintenance and audit.
- Application build and deployment.
- Continuous integration/automated test execution.
- System and network monitoring.
- Configuration management.
- Troubleshoot and solve technology problems in production and development environments.
- Participate in architecture enhancement and scalability projects.
- Learn to speak for the system in discussions involving application development.
- Provide support when emergencies arise.
- Work with IIS daily to support customers and ensure maximum uptime.
- Day-to-day Splunk operations and develop dashboards, searches and reporting as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
A bachelors degree (CS, EE or Math preferred) or equivalent work experience.
3+ years of total experience out of which 2+ years relevant experience in Windows/Linux system engineering/administration.
2+ years of experience supporting production web infrastructure.
Expertise in automation using languages, such as shell, Python, PHP, or Ruby.
Experience with systems and IT operations.
Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
SQL and Data management skills.
Working knowledge of internet protocols and complete understanding end to end of how the internet works.
Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates.
Proven analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Experience using automation tools like Chef, Ansible or Puppet to build CI/CD solutions.
Nice to have:
Experience in cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure)
Experience in Powershell scripting
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the DevOps Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.