ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establish design transfer requirements and timelines
* Perform in-depth process development / statistical analysis
* Independently design experiments, develop protocols, perform process validations and data analysis, draw conclusions and communicate results
* Design/selection Equipment for manufacturing processes
* Establish process flow and production line layouts
* Act as the Operations representative on cross-functional product development teams
* Train assemblers, technicians, and engineers on new processes
* Present technical reviews of projects to cross-function teams
* Occasional travel, as needed, to work with equipment and component suppliers
* Ability to work in a team environment - strong in communication and negotiation skills.
* Familiarity with medical device design control requirements
* Hands-on individual with demonstrated process development experience
* Ability to develop and maintain project plans
* Attention to detail in process characterization and documentation
* Ability to identify critical process parameters and apply statistics to process measurement and control (Design of Experiments)
* Ability to develop and execute process validations
* Ability to use Solidworks to model/modify components and assemblies
* Ability to solve problems using structured methods. Experience breaking down high level (e.g. device level) performance issues into addressable action items.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Requires Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or related engineering field
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device manufacturing environment
* Experience preferred with any/all of the following software: MS-Office, MS-Project, Rhino, Grasshopper, Python, GeoMagic Control, LabView, MatLab, 3DManage, Solumina, QAD
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Requires Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or related engineering field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device manufacturing environment
• Experience preferred with any/all of the following software: MS-Office, MS-Project, Rhino, Grasshopper, Python, GeoMagic Control, LabView, MatLab, 3DManage, Solumina, QAD
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Manufacturing Development Engineer position. We received your application and will contact you shortly.