Service Desk Technician - Contract - Bloomington, MN
Our client is seeking a long-term contractor to join their Service Desk team supporting the technology needs of their employees. This role has a full-time schedule and works in-office in Bloomington. This position will pay in the $22-26/hr range.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance with the organization's computer systems and peripherals. Identifies problems, troubleshoots and resolves user issues within desired response times.
- Monitor for and assist in the removal of viruses in the computing environment.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and application software being used to provide high levels of support to employees.
- Install new software applications or hardware on the organization's computer systems coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Prepare new computer systems for use by employees as necessary. Replace computer systems on a scheduled basis.
- Maintain an accurate inventory for computer systems shipped and received as well as providing asset tag information to the accounts payable department.
- Provide written documentation on a regular basis to identify trends in the level of requests being addressed.
- Participate in Team meetings, providing input and suggestions pertaining to the computing environment.
- Monitor software licensing on a regular basis to ensure compliance.
- Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Log all incoming requests using the company's established tools and processes for Request and Issue Management. Maintain status of all assigned tasks and issues in the established tracking systems.
- Provide end user customers with regular, detailed status updates and thorough communication regarding Request/Issue resolution. Present a pleasant and accommodating attitude to customers at all times
- 3+ years of prior experience in an IT support setting
- Technical education or certifications are a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, or military or veteran status. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com