Date Posted: 2/8/2024Apply Now
Collaborating with IT team members, the Systems Administrator is heavily involved with the identifying, prioritizing, and resolving critical systems related issues that impact business operations. In addition, the Administrator proactively seeks to communicate solutions to systems related issues and preferred emerging technologies that can be used to improve the overall health of the enterprise. He/she will help develop solutions, integrate and improve technical operations at client, ensuring high availability to all system users as well as perform necessary maintenance to support.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, virtualization, and cloud environments.
* Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
* Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
* Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
* Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
* Monitor and report systems performance, identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving the overall systems health by assessing overall effectiveness and efficiency.
* Perform problem-solving tasks as needed when alerted by user or monitoring system.
* Participate in enterprise projects as needed to assess technical fit and ensure alignment between business and IT objectives.
* Implement complex and comprehensive solutions related to performance and accessibility of systems and security.
* Proactively communicate the status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues.
* Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine whether their applicability aligns with business needs.
* Participate in development of the enterprise design and architecture to meet client needs, scalability, and performance goals.
* Engage third party vendors when necessary to problem solve issues and analyze design options.
* Create and maintain documentation relating to system configuration, processes, and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience.
* 5 years of Systems Administration in an enterprise environment.
* MCSE certification is a plus.
* CompTIA Server+ is a plus.
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is a plus.
* Install and configure software and hardware.
* Manage network servers and technology tools.
* Proficient in Active Directory and creating GPO's.
* Experience with PowerShell scripting.
* Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
* Troubleshoot issues and outages.
* Ensure security through access controls and backups.
* Maintain and update server and endpoint security.
* Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
* Assist in building internal technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
* Assist in building Azure environment for production and disaster recovery.
* Administration of the O365 and Azure environments.
* Maintain and update mobile platforms as needed.
* Working with Vendors to coordinate and troubleshoot issues through to resolution.
* Knowledge of a virtualization technology such as Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware.
* Software licensing and maintenance of contracts is a plus.
* Security Certificate Management is a plus.
* Experience in Intune is a plus.
* Working with and supporting a Windows environment, including SQL, database
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org