This position is responsible for administering, monitoring and supporting server hardware platforms, operating systems, and their related products and technologies. Recommends documents and follows established standards for system uptime and availability. This position is "hands-on' and requires a person experienced in day-to-day operations, providing IT support to all functional areas (Production, Distribution, Sales and Finance), as well as to all user groups across all facilities and locations. This position is also responsible for day to day infrastructure repair and maintenance.
Assists in troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure issues
· Develops and maintains documentation on infrastructure, software, systems and disaster recovery methodology, performing daily administration of disaster recovery plan.
Assists in ensuring that network infrastructure is up and running
· Perform server maintenance and upgrades
Ensures company backups are run on a regular basis and restores files as needed
Implements approved hardware and software
· Supports ERP system by maintaining SQL server including: databases, jobs and processes.
· Provides top-level technical support on desktop, network and ERP issues and serve as an escalation resource for junior support technician on staff.
· Produces meaningful and efficient upgrades, reports, and statistics that will fill the stated specifications.
· Designs, programs, and implements systems or program modifications that will satisfy project goals.
· Adhering to budgetary constraints, provides recommendations for required purchases of IT related equipment and services and maintains vendor relationships with 3rd party support and equipment providers.
· Provide PC Support for users of IT systems as well as end user training, and serves as a final point of escalation for IT Support Technician.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Intermediate understanding of MS Windows server environments (support and installation).
Intermediate understanding of SQL server installation and support, querying data through SSIS, SSRS and working with views and stored-procedures.
Intermediate understanding of network connectivity through routing, switching, and firewalls.
Intermediate understanding of best practices for introducing and integrating new technologies into an enterprise
Advanced understanding of core IT infrastructure and systems including installation and support of MS Windows Server environments.
Advanced understanding of MS Windows Operating systems, along with impeccable troubleshooting skills for server, PC, Printer and network connectivity.
Ability to perform routine audits of systems and software
Intermediate understanding of information security and best practices
Intermediate understanding of optimizing server systems for best performance
Ability to manage and maintain server anti-virus systems
Ability to interact and communicate confidently with Sr. Management
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Sr. Systems Administrator position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.