This role will design, implement and test various components of a new distributed software system. Deployed on an application server cluster, the software system analyzes and interprets vast amounts of data and provides real-time intelligence to optimize patient diagnosis and treatment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Develop, modify and debug application server software
Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test software on application servers
Collaborate with clinical analytics engineering team to improve and extend the existing code base
Collaborate with other engineering teams on front-end development, production, design, QA, etc
Document software and features for engineering and operations teams
Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process
We are an equal opportunity employer.
• 5+ years of relevant software development experience
• Fluent with C/C++ on Linux/UNIX platforms
• Hands-on experience with the C++ STL and Boost
• Thorough understanding of distributed systems
• Thorough understanding of asynchronous messaging models (client/server, peer-to-peer and publish-subscribe)
• Thorough understanding of basic network protocols
• Thorough understanding of both structured and object-oriented paradigms
• Thorough understanding of data structures, design patterns and methods
• Prior experience working in multi-threaded code
• Prior experience with open source software and tools
• Strong written and oral communication
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Motivated and results-oriented team player
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Senior Software Engineer position. We received your application and will contact you shortly.