Manages and mentors a team of software engineers; Provides direction as needed in execution of their daily tasks; supports them in the completion of projects on time with high quality to meet common team goals.
-Will actively work on process improvement initiatives within the R&D organization.
- Assumes responsibility for technical design and implementation of significant software subsystems and components for both on-market support and new products.
- Creates software project deliverables such as requirements and design documentation, software code, and unit and integration test plans and procedures.
- Performs Unit and Integration testing activities, embedded software troubleshooting, and provides support to verification teams during testing.
- Conducts/participates in architecture, design reviews, code reviews, and reliability assessments
- Conduct/assist in risk analysis & IEC 61010 certifications
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Generates high-quality work products.
- Comply with company quality processes per FDA and CE guidelines.
- Participates in interviews for new department personnel.
- Works well in a team whose work product reflects highly professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation. We are an equal opportunity employer.
-BS/BA degree in CS, EE or other Engineering discipline required. Advanced degree desirable.
Page 2 of 2
- 10 - 12 years software development experience in industry
- 3 - 5 years experience as a software engineering manager.
- 3 - 5 years experience in Medical device or biotechnology development strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of design methods (e.g. OOD, UML) and full software product development life cycles using agile methodologies.
-Excellent understanding of methods used to identify and trace system requirements through design process.
-Ability to develop software requirements based on product level requirements.
- Ability to contribute to the development of software plans and specifications based on high-level requirements and to the development of design verification and validation tests.
-Excellent understanding of Software Architectural issues when designing embedded systems.
-Excellent working knowledge of real-time and multithreaded programming
-Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience using unit testing as part of the development process
- Medical industry experience strongly desired
- Highly skilled in ANSI C, C++, and Java
- Knowledge of how to use the Eclipse CDT IDE
- Knowledge of how to use gdb
-Good communication and presentation skills
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Manager of Software Engineering position. We received your application and will contact you shortly.