Growing aerospace company seeks qualified FPGA Design Engineer!
Responsible for the design, test, and integration of complex, high speed FPGAs.
Fully document design details and hold a design review prior to implementation.
Implement the approved design using VHDL.
Verify the design by generating all necessary test benches and/or test vectors and simulating with ModelSim.
Target the design to a Xilinx orActel device using synthesis and place & route tools.
Able to work in a fast-paced development team, working closely with hardware and software engineers during test and integration
We are an equal opportunity employer.
• Minimum BSEE with less than 3 years experience in the design of FPGA logic, good knowledge of digital device characteristics, design and simulation tools (i.e. ModelSim) based on HDL (Hardware Description Language, VHDL preferred). Candidates with more experience will be considered for more senior-level engineering positions as well.
• Experience using lab instruments (oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers) with board-level integration/test.
• Able to understand, read, and review schematic drawings.
• Xilinx/Actel is desired.
• Space hardware, communication hardware, and/or radiation background is a plus.
• Self-directive person with ability to handle a dynamic work environment.
• Experienced with external memory interfaces such as SDRAM, EEPROM, etc. The experience with the camera interface is preferred.
• The ability to write solid VHDL code given the requirements.
• Familiarity with A/D and D/A interfacing.
• Experienced in using Chipscope is preferred Posted By: email@example.com