Date Posted: 9/18/2023Apply Now
Senior Application Tester
Clearance: Public Trust Eligible
US Citizen or Permanent Green Card
Performs formal software testing activities for complex software applications. Reviews user requirements documentation; assists in development of test plans; develops test data to be used in performing tests; and transforms test plans into test scripts. Ensures proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in tracking systems. Analyses test results, documents conclusions, and makes recommendations that are fully supported by test results. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s). Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development, software quality assurance/control, and/or related field;
* A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
* Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
* Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
* Extensive knowledge of and experience with formal software testing for complex software applications;
* Extensive experience testing software applications, identifying/documenting defects, and working with developers and end users to resolve defects;
* Extensive experience with multiple defect tracking tools (e.g. Rational, Mercury);
* Extensive experience authoring software-quality-related documentation such as requirements specifications, test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports;
* Excellent communication skills.
* Automated ALM testing - writing tests, running tests
* Familiarity with software development lifecycle processes
* Experience with Agile (Scrum) (VersionOne preferred)
* Experience in running integration tests and working with developers to resolve coding issues
* Experience running SQL and analyzing data
* Microsoft Office skills (in particular data manipulation in Excel)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work well in a large team of diverse personalities
* Microfocus Test Generator
* UFT / BPT test development
* Selenium WebDriver
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Senior Application Tester -37707 position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.