We are partnering with a leading IT Consultant company hiring a Helpdesk Supprt Specialists for their early morning shift to support one of their clients' IT Infrastructure in Long Beach, CA.
- You will be working 4 ten-hour days (40 hours) and 3 days off
- Working hours will be 6 AM to 5 PM PST on site. Sundays to Wednesdays
- During the first 2 to 4 weeks, your working hours will be Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm for training
- Must have a clean driving record since you will be driving around the campus to provide on site support
- Soft skills are the most important: communication, positive attitude, interest in learning, and a great team player
- Experienced in providing helpdesk/desktop support within a professional environment
You will be responsible for supporting Terminal Operations utilization of technology systems, which includes RFID, OCR and GPS solutions.
Training will be provided on the terminal's specific operating environment.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continual learning of operational and systems processes
- Perform thorough system checks prior to each shift to ensure smooth operation
- Assist in supporting and troubleshooting the Terminal's various Applications
- Monitor and support Terminal systems, including but not limited to OCR, GPS and RFID
- Monitor and support system hardware nodes: mobile data terminals and workstations as needed
- Meet customer service levels and follow escalation procedures during system failures
- Provide outstanding customer service and support to clients
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field, preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in an information technology environment
- Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work safely and independently when necessary
- Stand out work ethic
- Must be able to qualify for a Transportation Worker Identification Card and pass internal background screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org