This is an ONSITE position.
$45-50/HR pay rate
STE skills Required:
- Analyze requirements and prepare a query list. If requirements are incomplete, they need to ask meaningful questions that will yield more information and help perform testing effectively;
- Write and execute test cases to find system bugs like UI and usability issues, etc.;
- Conduct exploratory testing;
- Check consistency across devices, browsers;
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings;
- In some cases, STEs also need to cover test automation tasks.
- deep understanding of software testing, its main concepts, and processes: the whole bug life cycle; different testing levels, methods, and types; test estimation techniques;
- ability to work in an Agile environment;
- extensive experience in automation tools such as selenium, etc.
- critical thinking and analytical skills to examine bug reports and prioritize necessary tests, what information to include in the daily status reports, prioritize and estimate task execution;
- good communication and teamwork skills to interact with project team members, clients, and stakeholders as well as work closely with the dev team - from reproducing the reported issue and emphasizing the fix for critical bugs to understanding how the bug has been fixed;
- programming skills are is a must including coding, basic SQL knowledge to extract data for tests, XML, general SDET skills, and web services.
In addition to using different desktop and mobile operating systems, browsers and web proxies for cross-browser testing, simulators and emulators, testers use the following tools:
- quality management tools (eg: TFS/ TestDirector/ SpiraTest/TestRail/HP-ALM (QC)) to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process including planning, running tests, and tracking defects, generating and storing test reports, and interlinking them with the release requirements;
- defect tracking tools to track the defects found in the application and generate bug reports to communicate them to the dev team;
- project management software ;
- SQL clients to connect to the database;
- SCM for maintaining the code(TFS/Bitbucket/Git)
- IDEs for writing code (VSCode/ Visual Studio/ IntelliJ IDEA);
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com