Ledgent Technology is seeking a Product Designer (Soft Goods) to lead aesthetic design for non-rolling soft goods, from concept to commercialization.
Job Type: Full-Time hybrid opportunity located in Boca Raton, FL.
Non-local candidates: Must be willing to travel to Boca Raton, FL up to 15%.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Define aesthetic for non-rolling soft goods, aligning with brand and trends
- Create inspiring concepts for soft goods development
- Prepare comprehensive soft goods CAD presentations, suggesting colors, materials, finishes
- Develop Tech Packs, collaborating for design consistency
- Lead non-rolling soft goods sample evaluations, communicating changes to partners
- Manage sample orders, ensuring on-time delivery
- Identify and solve production issues with cross-functional teams
- Foster collaboration across multidisciplinary teams
- Stay updated on trends through research
- Adhere to project timelines
- Travel to trade shows, facilities as needed
- Degree in related field
- Portfolio showcasing relevant design experience
- 5+ years: in soft goods design in consumer goods
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop required)
- Strong understanding of finished goods construction, material properties, fabric patterning, manufacturing technologies
- Technical knowledge of mass production, manufacturing processes, materials
- Designing with leather, faux leather
- Soft goods materials (nylon, polyester, neoprene, cotton, canvas)
- Expertise in foam, material backings for construction, functionality
- Understanding of structural integrity
- Consumer product development terminology
- Ability to visualize final product early in development
- Experience working with premium or luxury brands
- Key Shot
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com