We are hiring an IT Support Specialist to start immediately for a leading construction company in Santa Fe Spring, CA. This is a Contract to hire position, W2. 100% on site in Santa Fe Spring, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor and resolve Help Desk tickets providing daily monitoring and addressing user needs and problems.
- Help train other users in best practices, and means and methods of system function and operation, as needed.
- Assist the IT Team with the acquisition of workstation and laptop computers, operating systems, software, electronic peripheral equipment, printers, scanners, faxes, copiers, cabling and telecommunications equipment for office and job site locations.
- Assist the IT Team with the installation and administration of company computer networks and infrastructure, telecommunications, and peripheral equipment, as required.
- Add new users, set rights and privileges, security, create email users, and perform Active Directory clean-up, as needed.
- Visit, assist, setup, and support job sites with telecommunication services, internet services, shipment of peripheral equipment, NAS, WiFi network and any other computer related needs to support the field personnel.
- Assist the IT Team with managing the fixed asset records and database for all IT related equipment.
- Include record keeping of all related software, warranties, service agreements, and other important documentation related to the equipment.
- Assign and de-assign assets to company's personnel and job sites.
- Assist the IT Team with managing company's application software licensing, deployment of software applications, and assist with training new users.
- Assist the IT Team with managing the maintenance and repairs of all IT-related fixed assets, i.e., computers, laptops, printers, copiers, scanners, monitors, and other workstation related computer equipment.
- Assist the IT Team in developing IT policies and procedures and assist with preparation and record keeping of all applicable IT policies, procedures, and hardware and software configuration and diagrams.
- Keep current on IT industry technologies; and assist the Director of IT and management with the evaluation of company needs and implementing best practices and technology advances.
- Knowledge of Citrix Client, Windows Operating Systems, Windows Server, Exchange server, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc.
- Understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Demonstrate ability to apply IT to solving business problems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common computer terms. Familiarity with accounting and construction documentation and terms. Ability to properly respond to common inquiries or complaints
- from employees, project managers or field personnel. Ability to teach and give instruction on computer software applications.
- Positive attitude and customer focus
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a computer related field from an accredited college or university is desired but not mandatory.
- Experience in IT infrastructure and planning and development of technology solutions, strategic planning, and project deployment is desired but not mandatory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with crim
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org