Perform a variety of engineering work in designing, planning, and programming of PLCs to create devices to acquire data for a broad range of equipment used in wellbore intervention.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Research, develop, and design electronic interface circuitry applications for control of products
- Design the development of electrical, schematic, interconnect, cabling, and assembly drawings.
- Ensure equipment scope and content is defined during initial design processes.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial, domestic, and industrial uses.
- Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Establish design criteria for projects using required codes and standards.
- Review contractual content to ensure technical and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure subsequent design changes are documented and transmitted as required to internal and external resources.
- Create user manuals and recommended maintenance schedules for products.
- Support sustaining engineering activities for existing products as required.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 5-10 years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years PLC experience with working knowledge of PLC programming
- Experience with cloud-based asset management
- AutoCAD/SolidWorks experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of coiled tubing use for well intervention is a plus
- Experience with designing systems for use in hazardous locations
- Ability to work at field or remote customer location, including international destinations (up to 25%)
- Problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Beckhoff, Siemens, and Rockwell hardware platforms is a plus
- TCP/IP, RS485/232, CANBUS, MODBUS protocols
- Familiarity with IECEx, ATEX, and UL is desirable.
- Ability to create and interpret wiring diagrams and control schematics
- Extensive knowledge of sensors (digital counters, analog transmitters)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org