The Senior Software Developer role is responsible for designing, programming, testing, and launching software for the Core Systems of the Credit Union. This role is also responsible for integration and configuration of new products and enhancements. This includes enhancements, as well as having responsibility in the evaluation, configuration, and implementation of new applications and systems to optimize efficiencies within the core banking solutions. This position is also accountable for providing development and operational support to other development resources. Maintain high quality service and production standards as set by the organization.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Certificate or AA Degree or BA/BS in Computer Science or 8 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6 years of technical experience in software development.
- Working knowledge of multiple programming languages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of UNIX/AIX and T-SQL coding.
- Ability to multi-task and meet project milestones/deadlines.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experienced in Agile Development and SDLC is required.
- Effective documentation skills.
- Ability to assist and train others.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Jack Henry/Symitar Episys experience is a plus.
- Code promotion using source control tools like Visual Studio, GitHub, Team Foundation Server and Azure DevOps Server is a plus.
* Determine technical feasibility and design solutions that meet software and security requirements.
* Actively participates in planning, design, programming, testing, documentation, and support of the integrations for core banking platform.
* Conducts a full range of programming tasks, including design, development, debugging and documentation.
* Develops reports and automation through use of Symitar's PowerOn, batch scripts, shell scripts, Python, SQL and other appropriate programming languages.
* Maintains coding best practices and conducts peer code reviews.
* Review project requests describing system user needs to estimate time and cost requirements; work with team to coordinate system development and determine project scope and limitations
* Participates in programming support rotation.
* Performs UNIX scripting as requested. * Develops and provides programming support for various API's
* Provide after-hours on-call support for programming related issues.
* Participates in AML/BSA/MISP/Ethics for CU/Sexual Harassment compliance training as assigned. Adhere to credit union AML/BSA policy and procedures including CTR rules and form preparation, identify and refer suspicious activity to the Compliance Department, perform OFAC comparisons, and properly identify individuals in accordance with Branch Operations procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org