Specialists in staffing IT, Technical, and Scientific Professionals
Date Posted: 5/10/2023Apply Now
**This position is NOT eligible for C2C or C2H**
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of data platform experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using 'big data' technologies and tools.
* Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
* Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
* Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and availability regions.
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
* Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Competencies & Attributes for Success in this Role:
* Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
* Strong project management and organizational skills.
* Enthusiasm for working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to multi-task, problem solve and be a strong collaborator
* Ability to think strategically to manage day-to-day implementation requirements
* Ability to have face to face conversations co-workers and higher-level manager
* Highly Motivated, Positive Attitude
* 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
* Experience using the following software/tools:
* Experience with data tools: Dremio (primary), Databricks, Spark, etc.
* Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MSSQL, Postgres, MongoDB, TimescaleDB, etc.
* Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow (primary), Kubeflow, Azkaban, Luigi, etc.
* Experience and competency in AWS services: EC2, S3, EFS, EMR, RDS, etc.
* Familiarity with data warehouse technologies: RedShift, SQL DW, Snowflake
* Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka (primary), Spark-Streaming, Change Data Capture, etc.
* Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python (primary), Golang, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
* Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
* Experience building and optimizing data pipelines and curated data queries.
* Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Data Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.