Title: Operating Systems Analyst
Pay Rate: $30-37 Hr
M-F/ 6 month Contract
Required Education and Experience:
Knowledge of :
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience with a minimum of five years of experience in information technology with at least two years managing operating systems in a large computer center.
- Experience with Microsoft 0365, Azure, AWS preferred. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of infrastructures area demonstrated by an understanding and use of the general principles, practices, and theories pertinent to the specialty
- Internal operating system technology including hardware and software upgrades.
- Designing, developing, configuring, technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization.
- Campus-defined systems, applications, and standards
- Structured cloud design and deployment techniques
- Cloud infrastructure configuration management and systems analysis
- Network configuration, programming, and protocols
- VMware, anti-virus protection, server backups, server operations, administration, and network communications.
- VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) servers, desktops, pools, thin clients and related peripherals for all campus departments participating in virtualization
- Configure, install, and maintain the enterprise data center infrastructure
- Use performance monitoring software and interpret results.
- Perform preventative and remedial maintenance to the operating system(s) such as installing operating system patches and fixes.
- Perform work independently and troubleshoot issues with cloud and on-premises application programs.
- Integrate and apply work-related knowledge to achieve innovative solutions.
- Anticipate the impact of problems and solutions on other systems.
- Evaluate existing and proposed systems and recommend upgrades and/or modifications.
- Monitor and track highly detailed and moderately complex to complex data, information, and/or systems in a dynamic environment.
- Analyze logs, and system events, and monitor security alerts.
- Ability to attend and complete training on Microsoft 0365, Azure, AWS
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org