We are partnering with a leading IT Consultant company hiring two Helpdesk Supprt Specialists for their Graveyard shifts to support one of their clients in Long Beach, CA.
- You will be working 4 ten-hour days (40 hours) and 3 days off
- Working hours will be 5 PM to 4 AM PST on site. Wednesdays to Saturdays.
- During the first 2 to 4 weeks, your working hours will be Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm for training
- Must have a clean driving record since you will be driving around the campus to provide on site support
- Soft skills are the most important: communication, positive attitude, interest in learning, and a great team player
- Experienced in providing helpdesk/desktop support within a professional environment
- Ability to provide support for Cisco Routers and Switches
- Great opportunity to work in exciting but little-known industry. Training to be provided.
- Need to be comfortable with height as you will need to troubleshoot cables on a tall building
This person will be responsible for supporting Terminal IT Infrastructure. IT Infrastructure includes networking, servers, cameras, and various appliances. Infrastructure devices are installed in buildings, poles, cranes, and container handling equipment. Training will be provided on the terminals specific operating environment.Key Responsibilities:
- Continual learning of operational and systems processes
- Supporting and troubleshooting networking and server hardware
- Monitor and support terminal infrastructure hardware, including but not limited to: LTE and wifi environment, crane/gate/and yard systems, and Closed Circuit Television Systems
- Monitor and support system hardware nodes: mobile data terminals and workstations
- Provide documentation and training, as needed
- Coordinate repairs, installations and upgrades with third party vendors and onsite resources
- Meet customer service levels and follow escalation procedures during system failures
- Provide outstanding customer service and support to clients.QualificationsBachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field, preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in an information technology environment
- Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com