Ledgent Technology is partnering with an industry leading Managed Service Provider to find a System Engineer to join their growing team! This position will have a strong emphasis on server support and will be responsible for providing technical support for servers, networks, and desktops. This support will be done both remotely and in-person at customer sites. The ideal candidate will have a vast background in servers, networks, and end user support.
Candidates must have a Managed Service Provider (MSP) background.
- Server, network and desktop hardware installation and configuration both remotely and at the customer site
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Monitor all infrastructure and installed systems
- Provide pro-active support to ensure highest levels of system availability
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Ability to write scripts to help automate task
- Work with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Manage development, testing and deployment of software and other computer systems technologies to ensure compliance with operational requirements for security, performance, reliability, and scalability
- Create thorough documentation records of design specifications and instructional manuals as necessary to enable all computer systems personnel and end users to interact correctly and effectively with hardware and software systems
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows, Unix, and Linux environments
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with scripting (Pearl, PowerShell, etc.)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers.
- 5-10 years of professional experience.
- Windows server operating system installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office support experience.
- LAN/WAN - networking skill sets.
- VMware configuration and support.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- A+, N+, MCP or industry related certification is desired or equivalent professional experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com