Ledgent Technology is seeking an IT Support Desk Specialist to provide an advanced level of in-person and remote IT assistance and customer service for internal users.
This is a hybrid work opportunity located in Miramar, Florida. This position requires on-site work 2-3x per week.
What you will be doing:
- Provide an advanced level of remote IT assistance and customer service for internal coworkers.
- Escalate complex issues to higher tier personnel.
- Take ownership of an issue and follow through on a resolution with end users and other pertinent IT team(s).
- Utilize the helpdesk ticketing system to document and route support cases to the appropriate group(s).
- Build desktops/laptops for internal users
What you should bring to the table:
- Monitor daily system backups and ensure integrity
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems in person, via phone and/pr electronically
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, and other applications
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hotfixes, anti-virus software, cleaning of workstations, printers, etc.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office Suite 2016 & 2019
- Administration of Active Directory, Google Workspace (preferred) and VOIP telephony systems
- Experience supporting Windows 10 & 11, Windows Server 2016 & 2019
- Working knowledge of wireless networking
- Experience providing end-user support and problem resolution for desktops, laptops, printers, and other devices
- Strong experience troubleshooting computer and laptop hardware
- Troubleshoot basic network and telecommunications connectivity issues
- Strong knowledge of printer driver and queue creation, installation, management, and troubleshooting
- Experience creating and maintaining core desktop images to ensure standards of PC builds using imaging software
- Working knowledge of network, systems, and email security
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com