We are partnered with a client in the higher education sector that is currently looking for a BI/DO DevOps Engineer to perform a critical function in establishing best practices around DevOps, work closely with their team, application developers, and campuses, and develop incremental updates on historical and analytic components.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Work within a team-based environment and assist central application staff to deliver updates and new functionality to the data warehouse.
- Perform detailed analysis to understand the various source system data to support the development of data maps and implement DevOps processes.
- Lead design efforts to develop interfaces between the cloud environment and current on-prem solutions.
- Work closely with the security team to ensure the environment is designed and secured in line with Business Intelligence/ Data Warehouse policies to support CHRS.
- Identify, define, and create documentation of the technical and DevOps processes.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and related experience is required.
- 5 - 7 years of experience implementing and maintaining cloud solutions, preferably on AWS.
- Must be cloud certified, preferably AWS DevOps Professional
- Broad understanding of CI/CD, Code Coverage, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Source Code Control Versioning, Code Automation, Code Branching.
- Experience with complex, multifaceted projects required.
- Experience in AWS Step Functions, Apache Airflow, AWS Cloud Formation, AWS Code Deploy, and AWS Code Commit/ Git.
- Understanding of Spark (Python) required.
- Experience with logical modeling, logical to physical model rationalization, and analysis of supporting business requirements required.
- Experience in production support and meeting Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) required.
- Experience developing scripts and procedures, especially bash, required.
- Experience with AWS tools such as EMR, Glue, EC2, IAM/VPC, Redshift required.
- Ability to translate business requirements into data and application architectures required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com