Ledgent Technology is seeking a Systems Administrator to maintain vital IT operations including Windows OS, MAC OS, virtualized and on-prem servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software and hardware.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity located in the Boca Raton, Florida area. This opportunity requires 100% on-site work.
3rd party subcontracting is not an option. All applicants must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
What you will be doing:
What you should bring to the table:
- Perform server administration and engineering tasks, including but not limited to user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Work with the helpdesk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root causes, and provide technical support when necessary.
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
- Determine when to update virus protection systems by monitoring current reports of computer viruses; facilitates or performs needed updates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (strongly preferred)
- 5+ years of proven work experience in Windows, Exchange and VMWare systems administration in an enterprise level environment (required).
- Experience with enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools and active directories.
- Experience in cloud computing
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and upgrading Active Directory and Group Policy (required)
- Experience in O365 administration and/or integration (required)
- On-prem and O365 Exchange experience (required)
- Spam Filter administration a plus. Mimecast a plus.
- Back up and replication experience required. Veeam a plus.
- Hands-on Virtualization (VMWare) experience (required)
- SAN and NAS experience
- Some Security experience preferred- locking down AD and desktops, etc.
- Should have IIS and DNS experience.
- Web Server administration experience is a plus.
- Should have Microsoft Certificate Authority experience.
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org