Senior Control Engineer
Location: Must sit on site in Portland, Oregon
Our world class client is looking for a Sr. Controls Software Engineer (PLC) to work within a project team to develop cutting edge automation equipment.
These systems include features such as:
- Bosch, Beckhoff, or Siemens PLC control architecture
- High speed/high accuracy servo-based motion control
- 4 to 6-axis robot integration
- Custom User Interfaces following SEMI standards
- 2D and 3D Laser Metrology
- SCADA and HMI development
- Vision guided motion
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leads teams of Controls Software Engineers to provide software solutions on time and budget
- Architects, designs, codes, tests, and maintains complex PLC software applications.
- Develops detailed software design specifications for assigned projects.
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge in PLC software design, testing techniques, and PLC software development tools.
- Provides design guidelines, and general and detailed software design specifications to other software engineers.
- Assists in project schedule development.
- Effectively assess and communicate project risks. Deliver risk mitigation plans.
- Suggests new and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Interfaces with customers during quoting, specification, design-review, buy-off, and installation phases.
- Participates to develop company processes, procedures, and standards.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent PLC software development skills.
- Expert at PLC programming of Siemens and Allen Bradley PLCs (Beckhoff & Mitsubishi a plus)
- PLC servo motion control integration experience.
- Excellent PLC UI development skills (following SEMI standards).
Education and Experience
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and motivate others to do the same.
- Ability to startup and debug complex systems.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to derive solutions to complex problems.
- Able to use existing standards, procedures, and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Use Microsoft software - Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- BSEE or BSME (MS a plus).
- 10+ years recent manufacturing and machine control programming experience.
- 10+ years PLC Development experience.
- 5+ years leading teams of PLC programmers
- Experience integrating software with SCARA and 6-Axis robots
- Experience with software project management
- Experience with SCADA systems and HMI development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org