We are looking for an experienced remote Database Administrator.
Full time remote role.
Salary is $120,000 to $130,000 range.
The Sr. DBA will provide technical expertise and leadership across all levels of both technical and non-technical components. The Sr. DBA will work develop an understanding of data and information needs, identify solutions and improve the quality of service while providing support through the logical and physical design of databases. The Sr. DBA will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the company databases and guarantee the data is stored securely and efficiently. The Sr. DBA will also provide strategic guidance and implementation of the corporate data warehouse and the corresponding data feeds. This role will perform database recovery and back-up, and resolve database performance and capacity issues.
- Responsible for day to day activities regarding the upkeep and availability of all SQL servers in the environment including lower environments
- Responsible for SQL backup and restore functions including scheduled tests of DR availability, including knowledge of SQL restoration and availability technologies such as Clustering, Replication, Always-On, etc.
- Participates in SQL code-reviews for the application teams to enforce SQL coding standards
- Builds and reports on SQL environment performance and availability metrics and takes appropriate actions to implement best practices and optimize performance. * Develops SSIS and SSRS solutions as needed
- Documents and keeps current environment schematics
- Implements the established security policy
- Identifies and implements effective SQL Server tools and technologies
- Manages current usage, growth metrics, and growth plans
- Ensures database security through policy adherence, monitoring and internal auditing
- On call duties as needed including after-hours support of the SQL environment.
- Focuses on ensuring availability, optimization and usability of all SQL environments
- Contributes to data refresh plans and execution to lower environments
- Maintains all SQL Server (and supporting software) patching and upgrades
- Plans and communicates all major upgrades and maintenance initiatives
- Maintains the compliance of the database system as it relates specifically to the business needs for FCRA, GLB, etc. as applicable.
- BS degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-10 years' experience with MS SQL server design and configuration
- Master-level proficiency at T-SQL development
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Strong SQL problem solving and resolution skills
- Extensive experience with SQL server optimization, tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with SQL Server upgrade paths and implementation
- Experience with backup/restore technologies and implementation
- Proficiency at configuring Clustering/Availability groups
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail on each project
- Knowledge of database security access policies and standards
- Knowledge of operational and metric reporting in a SQL environment
- Working knowledge of data encryption techniques and database querying and management tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com