Our client in the Atlanta area is actively looking for a REMOTE Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer for a permanent, Direct-Hire opportunity!
***Candidates MUST have a background with AWS as well as Terraform to be considered for this opportunity!
*No 3rd parties please, as this is a permanent position.
As a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer (AWS) your mission will be to ensure our services are fast, highly-available, scalable, and able to withstand unprecedented increases in load. The Site Reliability Engineer will be at the heart of solving production problems. The Site Reliability Engineer will build automation tools for system health and production acceptance tests to validate production changes. The Site Reliability Engineer will ensure the system is well instrumented and highly fault tolerant.
What you will accomplish in this role:
What you bring to the table:
- Design, deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of both on-premises and AWS cloud-based systems
- Improve and innovate with our existing CI/CD tools, or integrate new tools into the pipeline
- Work closely with development and IT operations to enable us all to work smarter and faster
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Definition and deployment of systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on AWS platform.
- Strong Experience with Kubernetes
- Strong Experience with various AWS components - VPC/Subnet/Security Group, EC2, ECS, CLI, S3, Route 53, CloudWatch, Lambda, IAM.API Gateway, CloudFront, ALB.
- Strong experience with Terraform - This is a MUST-HAVE!
- Experience with CI/CD tools sets such as Git, Teamcity, Octopus Deploy, Red Gate SQL Deploy
- Experience with technologies such as Ansible, Docker, Kafka, Redis
- Experience writing scripts using Bash, Powershell, Python, etc.
- Experience with monitoring software such as Datadog and SumoLogic are a plus
- Experience with both Linux (CentOS) and Windows
- Comfortable with a hybrid on-prem / cloud environments
- Ability to programmatically interface with REST APIs
- 8+ years in Development, DevOps, SRE or similar role
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org