Title: Process Engineering Technician
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Duration: 6-12-month Contract to Direct Hire
Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication, and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, laser/light transmission devices, or specialized test equipment. Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics, and logic systems. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts, or defined plans to perform testing, checkout, and troubleshooting functions. Performs operational tests and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Assists in the design, construction, test, and check-out of test equipment. Uses manufacturing, test, development, or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and specialized test apparatus
Job DescriptionMain Responsibility:
- Assists engineers in running evaluation or Design of Experiments (DoE) in various equipment in production. The main topics would be collecting data, data validation and analysis, report generation and reporting and other topics needed to complete the evaluation.
- Perform new equipment/machine set-up, process buy-offs, and work on releasing the process/equipment in production.
- Write work instruction/operating instruction, PM spec for technicians or operators
- Will need to work on major machine issues if necessary.
- Main responsibility includes running evaluations and experiments as designed by engineers or by yourself.
- Evaluation of different material set or tooling set to support production
- Writing of documents such as work instruction, operating instruction, PM spec, and training materials.
- Training of operators and technicians, as necessary.
- Major repair of equipment such as Die Attach, Wire bonders, and other Assembly and Test equipment.
- Will require a good knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles.
- Installs start-up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- The engineering technician will work on class 10k clean room environment and will work on a shift assigned (Either Normal, Day, or Swing).
- Familiar with running evaluations and DoE and must have basic data gathering skills
- Knows Microsoft Office specially Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Computer experience/operation necessary.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- At least 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- A high degree of precision working with minimum tolerances is required.
- Willing to work any shift as assigned.
- Have a basic understanding of the semiconductor process.
- A Technical degree (AS) in Electrical, Electronics or Electromechanical is preferred
- At least 3 years of work experience in a technical field.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org