Ledgent Technologies out of Atlanta is actively looking for an IT Project Manager for our client located in Forsyth, GA (south of Atlanta). This is a permanent, Direct-hire opportunity!
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, tracking, and reporting of multi-technology projects within the team with a focus on delivery of client solutions. This includes acquiring resources within a matrixed environment and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party resources in order to deliver projects according to plan. Project Managers will work closely with Senior Program/Project Managers and other IT team members to ensure projects meet defined objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project life cycle.
- Planning, execution, tracking and reporting of projects within the team.
- Pulling various business reports (month, quarterly, yearly, etc.) through the use of SQL.
- Provides leadership to specific project teams throughout the project life cycle.
- Setting direction, clarifying issues, providing decision-making assistance to project team members and helping to ensure that project deliverables are on time and meet quality checkpoints.
- Keep the team focused and on track to meet the project goals and objectives.
- Identifies unique tasks associated with the project and develops a project schedule with the project team which identifies the dependencies, prerequisites, staffing effort, duration and start and finish times based on availability.
- Coordinates and directs project activities across various teams and departments and users internal and external.
- Works with the appropriate Managers as needed to determine project priorities and resource assignments.
- Provide regular, timely and consistent communication with Manager, Project Management, Program Managers and team members on project review and status updates.
- Escalate issues when necessary and drive issues to closure.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of IT project management experience
- Knowledge of project management and agile software development methodologies, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects and programs.
- Successful track record applying project management principles, practices, tools and techniques to achieve results.
- Ability to self-manage with excellent time management skills and the ability to organize competing priorities and tasks; as well as, support projects within various time zones
- Must possess a sense of urgency, able to respond to the shifting demands of a team driven by critical time-to-market business demands, and able to drive the development of cross-functional projects to successful deployment
- Solid understanding of and able to communicate the Project Life Cycle.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com