Ledgent Technology is seeking a Software Developer who has hands-on development experience with Elixir or Ruby to join a rapidly growing and fast paced MSO (Multiple System Operator) service provider.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with ample room for skill growth and career advancement.
Sponsorship is not available now or in the future. 3rd party subcontracting is not an option.
This is a remote opportunity; however, all applicants must reside within 2-hours commuting distance to one of the following locations in the event of an emergency:
Fort Lauderdale, FL
King George, VA
Miami Beach, FL
What you will be doing:
- Participate the development of tools, APIs and applications to support and interconnect the company's products and services.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Uses open-source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- 3+ years of software development experience with Elixir or Ruby.
- BS in Computer Science (preferred)
- Experience working with and collaborating using development tools such as Gitea, Jira
- Experience with Linux OS environments
- Experience working in Google Cloud Platform preferred
- Elixir or Ruby production experience with Phoenix, GraphQL, REST APIs
- Experience working with front ends written with react.js using GraphQL
- Container based development and deployment experience, such as docker, swarm, k8s
- Familiarity with enterprise authentication mechanisms such as LDAP and OpenID, SSO
- Able to train developers in any of the above
- SQL and database experience, MySQL/MariaDB
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org