Date Posted: 9/14/2021Apply Now
· The Drafting Manager is responsible for managing all CAD output form their team. Work with
stakeholders to develop new design drawings and maintain production drawings while assuring
that design features, dimensions, tolerances, and allowances conform to functional and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervise all CAD output for drawings and design including laminate and thin film circuit
drawings, IC drawings, machined part drawings, test fixture/housing drawings, outline,
· Supervise and execute the proper maintenance and upkeep of drawing changes via the ECN
· Develop or Implement new CAD standard requirements as needed to align with vendors
· Work with engineers to assure that design features, dimensions, tolerances, and allowances
conform to functional and manufacturing requirements
· Recommend design enhancements to the engineers
· Collaborate with QA, Supply Chain, and other departments to maintain a robust supply of high-
quality incoming materials. Update CAD collateral in accordance necessary quality standards
and supplier needs/requests.
· Manage CAD technicians in proper process controls and techniques. Perform hiring as needed.
· Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in Engineering Design or Drafting
· 10 years of experience in CAD
· Experience in 3D modeling program (Inventor is a plus)
· Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge with RF interconnects and connectors, cables, and related hardware
· Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
· Proficiency with MS Office
· The ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with clients and project
· Experience in management or supervisor roles
· Experience and understanding of machine shop processes and other metal fabricating
· Experience in electronic packaging and/or circuit card assemblies
· Experience with shop tools and equipment for rapid prototyping such as 3D printer
· Knowledge in IPC requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Drafting Manager position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.