Work-From-Home on PST timezone schedule
3 month Contract-to-hire
The Python Developer will be working with existing code development (R, SQL, and Python) to understand the logic for data extraction and transformation. You will be modifying, testing, and maintaining the legacy code. You will also develop new code and logic to support data analytics for the client.
This position requires experience with 3-5 years of experience with Python, some SQL scripting, and knowledge of R.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Modifying and testing the existing R, Python, and SQL code to support data analytics efforts
- Developing and maintaining code and tools to support data feeds for internal and external stakeholders
- Following best practices in software engineering, particularly iterative development, version control, testing and modular design
- Establishing best practices for naming, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, transforming, moving, storing, and searching all data
- Intake and analyze requirements, develop plans, build proof-of-concept, and UAT test
- Providing ongoing data quality analysis and reporting oversight
- Developing content for an online reporting platform
- Maintaining knowledge on current HUD data elements and requirements
- Participating in meetings and data analysis activities with cross-functional teams to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university and at least one to three years related experience and/or training in Information Systems, Programming, or other related fields.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3-5 years experience developing Python, SQL scripts, and knowledge of R to query and transform data
- Knowledge of Tableau and Looker preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org