Ledgent Technology is seeking a Data Engineer to join a rapidly growing, MSO. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with excellent benefits and a team-oriented environment.
This posting does not allow for 3rd party subcontracting. Sponsorship is not available now or in the future.
This is a remote opportunity; however, all applicants must reside within 3-hours commuting distance to one of the following locations in the event of an emergency:
Fort Lauderdale, FL
King George, VA
Miami Beach, FL
What you will be doing:
What you should bring to the table:
- This role is responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) of data from legacy systems into a new Google Cloud environment. Google Cloud experience not required; however, preferred.
- Assembling large, complex datasets that meet new and existing technical and functional business requirements.
- Optimizing data delivery and automating manual processes by identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements
- ETL from various data sources including MySQL, Oracle, flat files and CSV.
- Data modeling including working with the Data and Analytics team to define data requirements and identify data source and formats.
- Working with Google Cloud Platforms Engineers to define the architecture of the Google Cloud databases
- Data pipeline development including extraction, formatting, and uploading of the data.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant course of study preferred.
- 3+ years of SQL experience - Preferably not just the basic (select from where), but also more advanced like CTE, Rank, Row_Number, ... (required)
- 3+ years of experience building and optimizing data sets and Big Data pipelines and architectures. (required)
- 3+ years of experience performing root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvements. (required)
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on unstructured datasets. (required)
- 3+ years of experience using tools and scripting languages readily available on a variety of operating systems to build automated processes to support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency, and metadata. (required)
- 3+ years of experience working in Unix/Linux environments (required)
- Familiarity accessing APIs and consumer interfaces that utilize XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, etc.
- Scripting/Programming experience Powershell, PERL, Bash, etc.
- Functional familiarity of encryption technologies such as SSL, TLS, SSH, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL, MariaDB (MySQL), Oracle, MS SQL, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com