A communications company in the east coast is looking for a Software Development Manager experienced with PHP, TypeScript, Node.JS, and/or React.
This is a fully remote role that can be anywhere in the US.
It is a contract to hire role in the $60/hr range.
Software Development Manager Responsibilities -
- Run concurrent IT, business application, operations, and security projects
- Document, track and report project status, activities, resources and IT progress
- Oversee planning and implementation of architecture for migration into a new technology stack from PHP to Node.js/ReactJS/Typescript. Need to be fluent and well versed in any of these languages. Plan and align product releases with migration planning.
- Manage all aspects of technology projects including: estimation, sprint planning, requirements gathering, architecting, developing, testing, issue/risk management, change control and delivery.
- Write and facilitate the creation/maintenance of technical specification documents for projects
- Align current and future business goals with IT technology road-map
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of projects, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Confer with management for approval and also project staff to outline work plan.
- Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
- Develop and implement ways to improve operation procedures and methods.
- Act as a central point of contact between the sales/marketing/production teams and technical team(s).
- Proficiency in JIRA or similar development project management software.
- Working knowledge (ability to code) of PHP, Node.JS, ReactJS, Typescript, and fluent in MySQL and other SQL based databases.
- Software application architecture
- Familiarity with AWS, especially Lambda calls and serverless architecture
- Flexibility to directly contact our development teams overseas
- Experience managing a development team
Not open for sponsorship and not open to corp to corp.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com