Date Posted: 7/28/2021Apply Now
Designs, modifies, and troubleshoots embedded firmware, computer applications and apps for electronic measurement and control equipment using ARM and Microchip architecture processors.
* Analyzes target digital hardware circuitry and the requirements to develop firmware that meets design input.
* Develops code using languages such as C, C++, Python, database scripts in accordance with Company's coding standards.
* Creates test environments, and tests and troubleshoots designs using in-circuit emulators and debugging tools.
* Documents software/firmware design according the company standards. Logs defects and tracks their status in the tracking database.
* Works effectively with hardware development engineers, and provides technical support for production, sales and office personnel when requested.
Candidate must be self-motivated, require little supervision, and be a multi-tasking team player with a hands-on approach.
* BSEE degree in Electrical Engineering and minimum five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
* Demonstrates ability to analyze functional requirements, develop High Level design and implement working code.
* Familiar with ARM and Microchip processor architectures to include power management, interrupts, and memory structure.
* Proficient with development and debugging tools for ARM and Microchip processors to include compilers, linkers, IDE, simulators, and in-circuit emulators).
* Familiar with I/O interfacing for external memory, DMA, A/D, D/A, PWM, etc., algorithms for signal processing (filtering, glitch removal, curve fit and linearization), communication protocols (I2C, RS-232/485, Modbus, Ethernet, BT/BLE).
* Able to work with hardware, test, and other engineers to develop and review products and systems, including analog and digital hardware, firmware, software, and mechanical systems.
* Familiar with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
* Familiarity with DSP (Digital Signal Processing) theory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Firmware Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.