Date Posted: 8/16/2021Apply Now
Candidate will be involved in design, implementation, and maintenance of testers for PCB Assemblies and final product for instrumentation manufacturer. Under general supervision, and in collaboration with engineering staff:
* Designs, develops, and maintains PCB Assembly testers and test systems for new and existing products (analog and digital hardware, controlling firmware and software, computations, and data collection and retention).
* Determines the Design for Test (DFT) requirements, defines test sequences and specific measurements and related calibration methods for new and existing products.
* Collaborates with mechanical, hardware, firmware, and software engineering staff to design and develop testers and test systems.
* Provides training and support to the Production Test personnel in function, design, and maintenance of all testers and testing processes on the production floor and at contract manufacturers.
* Gathers and analyzes test data to improve test coverage and efficiencies.
* Works with the QC Department to satisfy the data collection and retention.
* Interacts with local and overseas contract manufacturers.
* Evaluates new test technologies and methods.
Candidate must be self-motivated, require little supervision, and be a multi-tasking team player with a hands-on approach.
* B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, and minimum five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
* Competent to design, develop and debug embedded firmware (C programming) for target processors and/or modules such as (Arduino, Adafruit, Raspberry Pi, etc.). Experience with Debugging Tools and Programmers. Experience with communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, RS-232, USB, etc.
* Competent to use Python language to create PC Windows Applications that control testers.
* Competent to troubleshoot test systems comprising of custom electronic hardware (circuitry), PC Computers, firmware and software.
* Good writing and speaking skills.
* Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
* Ability to work cooperatively in team environment.:
* Competent to troubleshoot electronic hardware (circuitry), firmware and software designs for test equipment involving microcontrollers, analog and digital circuitry, A/D, D/A, and communication circuitry, and PC computers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Test Engineer position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.