Cyber Security Analyst
Contract to hire - Los Angeles, CA
(Must have ability to obtain Secret and DoD clearances)
- Secure and monitor a cloud-based network instrumented with both cloud-native and traditional security tools.
- Responsible for managing logs, configuring and preparing security tools in the environment and evaluate new cloud-native tools.
- Identify, investigate and respond to security events and incidents in the environment, including coordinating post-incident activities such as remediation of infected systems.
- Coordinate with a federal partner security operations team and will ensure that event logs are made available to the partner SOC as needed.
- Several years of experience working in a security operations role plus some security engineering experience with logging and tooling configuration.
- Experience in performing network traffic analysis using flow logs, endpoint investigations using an endpoint detection and response (EDR) platform, and associated SIEM and EDR content creation and tuning focused on the detection of anomalous and malicious activity.
- Familiar with threat hunting, incident response, cloud security service configuration and log management.
- Strong understanding of cloud security principles, defensible security architecture and different attack vectors and corresponding preventions or detections.
- Experience working in Linux and Windows server environments.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting IT systems and networks.
- Understanding of federal cybersecurity compliance regulations.
- Must have ability to obtain a DoD clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com